Friday, December 30, 2016

REBORN FROM THE ASHES

(I made this story to see how the recently concluded television series Downton Abbey could be integrated with my dream PokéDC Universe, should Warner Brothers succeed in buying rights to both Pokémon and the show. Downton Abbey is a property of ITV. Superman is a property of DC Comics. Pokémon is a property of Game Freak and the Pokémon Company International. No infringement is intended.)
HYPOTHETICAL CAST:

Nathan Kress as Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman 
Image may contain: 1 person
William Shatner as Perry White 
Image may contain: 1 person, night
Felicity Huffman as Frannie Pendleton, leading reporter of the Daily Planet (my original character) 
Michelle Dockery as Dr. Regina Brooke Burton/Pounder (my original character) 

Dan Stevens as Matthew Crawley/Slashburn
Image may contain: 1 person, closeup
STORY:
Silence and breeze virtually rule the cityscape of Metropolis in the southernmost part of Illinois. So far, no crime has touched the streets since Superman, Satoshi Yūzaki (Ash Ketchum), and their allies have defeated a clan of vampires trying to take over the United States.
Now, joyful laughs and funmaking dominate the building of the Daily Planet. From the editor-in-chief Perry White down to the receptionists, the entire staff celebrate the success of "Luthor Linked to Secret Arms Deal", a hit headline story by Frannie Pendleton, aunt to the young Lois Lane.
The newsroom is filled with people close to Frannie, including the neophyte Clark Kent and a certain Regina Brooke Burton, a scientist cursed by an industrial accident to turn into a giant rock monster, the Pounder, if provoked to anger.
The table on the newsroom is laid with assorted foods, a bottle of Martini, and posh glasses.
"Oh, thank you, everyone for celebrating our paper's success, but I may not be able to write such an article if people like Brooke, Clark, and Perry didn't give me some insights on the case. The Daily Planet has become a family to me", Frannie expresses her gratitude.
"I know you can do it, Pendleton", Perry affirms.
"Don't mention it, hun", Brooke says.
"Hey, Mrs. Pendleton, you can even let me give your enthusiastic niece some journalistic training", Clark suggests.
The whole crew then proceeds to eating, drinking, doing charades, and singing at the karaoke.
At nearly 1:00 a.m. does the party end. Clark, Perry, Brooke, and Frannie, as well as the other guests, exit the building. Then, they see a flame rocketing above the skies.
It was bright enough, yet it is no ordinary flame. The flame appears to be heading towards Brooke, but it does not touch her or go near her. The flame looks human. Better yet, it is human, only endowed with superpowers.
"Mary, my love, let us go home! George is waiting for our loving hands. We'll no longer have to part ways. I'm alive! Come with me please!", says the flaming human, hovering a few feet off the ground.
"You're mistaking me for somebody else", Brooke denies.
"But you are Mary. My eyes can't lie to me", says the flaming human.
"I'm sorry, whoever you are, but I'm Dr. Regina Brooke Burton".
"You don't have to hide from me, sweet Mary Josephine Crawley".
Then, those words from the flaming human gives Clark a clue on it really is.
"Crawley, that's it! Certainly, you're Matthew Crawley, husband to Mary and father to George. I know you're from Downton Abbey! We mean you no harm, my friend, but Brooke is not Mary Crawley. I mean no offense, but Mary's still dead", Clark nervously explains to the resurrected Matthew.
"How do you know my name, lad?", Matthew asks Clark.
"I'm aware of a television series based on your lives, although I never watched it myself", Clark answered.
"Ah, I see".
"Hi, I'm Clark Kent, reporter from the Daily Planet. This is my editor-in-chief, Perry White. This is my colleague Francine Pendleton, who takes care of the hard news. Well, there's, you know, the one who introduced herself to you".
"I don't understand all of this. Why is my body on fire? Why did I live again if I died during the war in Europe? Who raised me from the dead and gave me the power to burn and fly and throw flames at anything!? Can somebody please answer me!?"
"Matthew, we don't know how you got there, but we promise to help you find out".
"Thank you, Clark. You are of such good help to me for now".
Atop the globe of the Daily Planet building stands the mighty Mewtwo, with his eyes looking at the five baffled souls, particularly Matthew, saying, "You will know at the right time why I revived you, my herald".

No comments:

Post a Comment